Thursday, August 12, 2010

Where has all the BREAD gone?

Well, the BREAD family has been busy traveling around for a few weeks. I think we drove over 2000 miles in 18 days, but had a great time visiting family and Silver Dollar City in Branson, Missouri. The Marvel Cave at SDC is a must see - just amazing.

Bread making has also been on vacation until yesterday when I made a batch of banana bread from HBin5. This is the new family favorite. A nice subtle banana flavor without all the sugar - in fact it only has a little honey - and no white sugar - and still used up all the very soft bananas we had left - gotta love that!

I need to catch up on all the BREAD Challenges. I am going to try and make the broccoli and cheddar cheese bread; mesquite bread (I think I can get mesquite flour here in Arizona quite easily); a loaf of volkornbrot; and a loaf of rosemary flax baguette. (I am unfortunately not going to make the gluten free breads - sorry gluten-free friends)

I think I need to take a trip to Whole Foods to pick up a few specialty items. So keep checking back to see if I actually do it! The next challenge is due August 15th (good thing school started yesterday).

Happy Baking and Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment