Saturday, June 12, 2010

Bread Challenge #13 - Whole Wheat Bread with Olive Oil

I have been bad about blogging and making bread. It must be the hot weather that has started - over 105. I am just not that motivated to turn on the oven or to go outside and use the BBQ instead. I did make pizza last night for our weekly pizza night - it just wasn't anything that exciting to take a picture of.

A couple of months ago, I used the BBQ to make pizza and it was great. The high heat and thin crust makes for a nice crispy pizza. You have to be pretty organized though to make pizza on the grill as it cooks really fast. Yummy!


One last thought about HBin5 - I just have to say that the revolutionary thing about this method is really the bread dough storage. I know many others (including the HBin5 website) have stated this before but for some reason it finally dawned on me. I was having a really busy day on Friday and wasn't able to make any dough but I had dough left over from a week ago that was in the fridge. I just pulled it out and made pizza - just as delicious as if I had made the dough that day. Amazing!

Happy Baking and Eating! (and to looking forward to cooler weather some day...)

8 comments:

  1. At 105 why use the grill or the oven? Just throw the dough on the sidewalk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love grilled pizza. Yours looks great. I also love Arizona, just not in the summer. I probably wouldn't be cooking anything (except lemonad and I don't think that counts).

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true. The advantage is the storgae time. Happy you had a quick, tasty and beautiful answer for dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do have to be organized to grill your pizza but it is so worth it. I totally agree about the benefits of using stored dough. I really like that about this method.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's one of the best things about these recipes, the ability to use them over a long period of time. Your pizzas look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, 105, no more complaining about our heat from me! It is nice to have dough in the fridge when you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pizzas look great! I had a fear of this soft dough falling thru the cracks of the grill. You are giving me inspiration that it works well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love grilled pizza! Something about that "grilled" flavor.

    ReplyDelete